Brighton & Hove Albion Foundation Code of Conduct
The BHAFC Foundation is committed to the participant's well-being, future development, and
realisation of potential. Football should be enjoyed in a safe, positive environment.
Promoting fair play and enjoyment is of paramount importance to us, and football is about
having fun, developing physical, technical, tactical, and social skills.
Winning is not everything. Football is for everyone.
In registering a participant in any programme or activity, BHAFC Foundation, parents /
guardians (where relevant) and the participant agree to our code of conduct.
BHAFC Foundation will:
- Provide a safe environment in which the Player can learn and develop without fear of
abuse whilst providing consistent support for the participant
- Deliver a structured football learning programme, appropriate to the age, ability, and
growth of the Player
- Use trained, screened and FA qualified coaching staff and facilities as determined by
the rules and regulations outlined by The Football Association.
- Provide a pathway for players appropriate to their current level of development, where
- Focus on the welfare and safety of the children in their care throughout the event.
- Ensure appropriate supervision of the children in their care at all times.
- Respect the rights of children and promote their welfare and individual needs.
- Promote positive relationships with children which are based on openness, honesty,
trust, and respect.
- Respond appropriately and swiftly to any concerns about a child's welfare and report
these to event staff immediately.
- Respect the differences between everyone at the activity and challenge discrimination.
Participant Code of Conduct
We want everyone taking part to enjoy themselves, to be safe and to feel welcome.
We expect participants to:
- Attend the sessions regularly and punctually, behave with self-discipline and respect
towards BHAFC Foundation staff, coaches and volunteers and other players.
- Listen to and follow instructions.
- Be respectful, supportive, and encouraging towards other players at all times.
- Behave in an appropriate manner when wearing AITC issued kit, both in and out of
- Abide by rules and guidelines set out for any session or by any venues.
- Celebrate difference, helping everyone feel included and by being kind.
- Use language which is OK with everyone.
- Stay safe and talk to a trusted adult if you are worried about anything or anyone. This
could be a teacher, parent or coach.
- Remember that no form of discrimination or bullying (including cyberbullying) will be
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, abusive or discriminatory language or behavior.
If you witness it, report it immediately.
Spectator & Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct
All spectators, parents/guardians are asked to set a good example to the participants by
behaving positively throughout. Please:
- Encourage and help the participant meet targets, including this Code of Conduct.
- Abide by rules and guidelines set out for any session or by any venue.
- Support the participant without pressure, praise good work and refrain from criticizing
- Communicate with the coaching staff, keeping them informed about matters affecting the
- Behave responsibly and take all reasonable steps to protect your safety and that of
- Maintain personal boundaries and do not approach participating children.
- Remain outside the field of play and within the designated spectators' area.
- Respect all players, supporters and BHAFC Foundation staff.
- Refrain from and challenge the use of offensive, insulting, or abusive language or
- Ensure any spectator under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Always follow and adhere to guidelines and instructions given by BHAFC Foundation
- Report any concerns to BHAFC Foundation staff without delay.
- Don't smoke, vape or consume alcohol or drugs on activity site.
- Do not take photographs or videos (Live Steam etc.) in or around activities and our
Breaches of these Codes of Conduct
The BHAFC Foundation reserves the right to determine appropriate action for breaches of these
codes of conduct. This may include:
- Issuing a written warning
- Being asked to leave the venue/activity
- Required to meet with a BHAFC Foundation staff member
- Being excluded from future activities
- Required to remove my attendee from the course without refund or credit
A zero-tolerance approach will be taken with any acts of aggression towards BHAFC foundation
staff or other participants.